Majority of the people in the world are affected with corona virus pandemic. Well, it’s not yet end of your career, you can still make money by transitioning to digital.
How? There’s a lot of ways to generate income through website:
- Affiliate Marketing – normally you can earn money by comission. A lot of merchant who are willing to pay percentage for every sales you put into the company. Let’s say you sign up as an affiliate marketer at Amazon. You should able to get a unique url in order to market their website and if someone buy a product on Amazon using your link then you can earn a kickback from them.
- B2B or B2c Selling – another way of making money is selling products and services to your website itself.
- Adsense – You can start writing blogs related to your hobby and sign up to Google Adsense . If someone clicks an ads on your website, you will get a $$ depending on the geographical location of your audience.
So what is a website?
A website is generally use to find your brand, business online from search engines like Google, Yahoo (you name it!). Some business-savvy persons have already digital version of their brand to keep their online presence.
In this guide, I will walk you through how to create a website in just a few minutes. You don’t need to be a web developer, just follow the steps below :
1. Choose a domain
Domain is your official identity to get found on Google e.g bookwormhead.com. In order to own your preferred domain, you need to buy this from a legit domain providers and this requires minimal yearly payment.
Sign up to godaddy.com and choose a domain
2. Choose a host
In this case, I encourage to use Siteground for 24/7 support and no hidden fee services e.g:
- You can have a secured website (https:) for FREE
- You can setup your professional email address for FREE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- They have complimentary monthly backup
- There tools to speed up your website is FREE to use.
The above features need extra fee in Godaddy that’s why I recommend to separate your hosting Provider.
Note: After you finish the registration, make sure you point the nameserver of your domain to Siteground. Kindly check the above video for detailed guide.
3. Install A CMS Platform
Most of the hosting provider has already a built-in WordPress installation. Simply go to WordPress section, click the install and manage then choose a domain where you want to install the WordPress file.
4. Bonus: Create Your Professional Email Address
What I really like about Siteground is it doesn’t require you additional fee to create an professional email address. In order to do that, simply go to Email Section > Actions > Fill in your preferred email address and password then hit the Create orange button.
If you want to redirect your email address e.g email@example.com to your gmail, you can use POP3 and SMTP Port. (Soon tutorial…. )